The research group did research about systems, applications and user interface aspects of pervasive computing systems. The focus was on new forms of interaction and cooperation of human and computers. Particular interest was in the following topics:
- user interfaces for mobile devices and phones
- human computer interaction in the automotive context, in-car user interfaces
- sensors and actuators for user interfaces
- location and context-aware information systems
- interaction with tangible and embedded systems
- methods and tools for developing pervasive interactive systems
- evaluation of ubiquitous computing systems (beyond the lab)
- modelling complex interactive systems
- applications of sensor- and actuator networks
- wearable computing
- mobile interactive systems and applications
The research group cooperated with partners from industry, research institutes and academic institutions, because vivid and international collaborations are a central instruments in research.
All publications of Prof. Dr. Albrecht Schmidt since 2010 are available at the Institute for Visualization and Interactive Systems (VIS) of the University of Stuttgart.
All publications of the research group before 2007 can be found outside this website: